1. Braell, W.A., Tyo, M.A., Krag, S.S., and Robbins, P.W. "A New Procedure for
the Preparation of GDP-[U-14C]Mannose." Analytical Biochemistry 74, pp.
2. Tyo, M. A. and Wang, D.I.C. "A Characterization of Engineering Parameters of
Cell and Virus Production Using Controlled-Charge Microcarriers."
Presented at the 1979 Annual Meeting of the American Chemical Society,
Washington, D. C., September, 1979.
3. Tyo, M.A., and Wang, D.I.C. "Engineering Characterization of Animal Cell and
Virus Production Using Controlled-Charge Microcarriers." in "Advances in
Biotechnology Vol. I: Scientific and Engineering Principles", M. Moo-
Young, C. W. Robinson, and C. Vezina, eds. Pergamon Press. pp. 141-146
4. Sinskey, A.J., Fleischaker, R.J., Tyo, M.A., Giard D.J., and Wang, D.I.C.
"Production of Cell Derived Products: Virus and Interferon." Annals of
the New York Academy of Science 369, pp. 47-59 (1981).
5. D'Amico, D.J., Dryja, T.P., Tyo, M.A., Craft, J.L., and Albert, D.M. "Mass
Culture of Bovine Ocular Cells Using Microcarriers." Investigative
Ophthalmology and Visual Science 20(3 Suppl.), p. 79 (1981).
6. D'Amico, D.J., Dryja, T.P., Tyo, M.A., Craft, J.L., and Albert, D.M. "Mass
Cultivation of Bovine Ocular Pigment Epithelia in Microcarrier Suspension
Culture." Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 23(3), pp. 332-
7. Tyo, M.A. and Hu, W-S. "Mass Transfer in Hollow Fiber Cell Culture."
Presented at 1986 Annual Meeting of the Society for Industrial
Microbiology, San Francisco, CA, August, 1986.
8. Tyo, M.A. and Hu, W-S. "Hollow Fiber Cell Culture: Effect of Flow Patterns."
Presented at the 1986 Annual Meeting of the American Chemical Society,
Anaheim, CA, September, 1986.
9. Tyo, M.A. and Spier, R.E. "Dense Cultures of Animal Cells at the Industrial
Scale." Enzyme and Microbial Technology 9, pp. 514-520 (1987).
10. Tyo, M.A., Zaspel, B., and Murphy, T. "Large-Scale Mammalian Cell Culture
Utilizing ACUSYST Technology." in "Animal Cell Biotechnology Vol. 3",
R.E. Spier and J.B. Griffiths, eds. Academic Press, N.Y. pp. 357-371
11. Oller. A.R,, Buser, C.W., Tyo, M.A., and Thilly, W.G. "Growth of Mammalian
Cells at High Oxygen Concentrations." Journal of Cell Science 94, pp. 43-
12. Tyo, M.A. and Thilly, W.G. "Novel High Density Perfusion System For
Suspension Culture Metabolic Studies." Presented at the 1989 Annual
Meeting of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, San Francisco,
CA, November, 1989.
13. Tyo, M.A. “Evaluating Scalability of Cell Culture Technologies: Factors
Involved with Selecting Early-Stage Bioreactor Designs.” Presented at IBC’s
Conference on Transitions from Bench to Clinic: Early Stage Production and
Purification Development for Biologics, San Francisco, CA, August 2000.
14. Tyo, M.A. “The Development of Microencapsulated DNA for Targeted Delivery
of Therapeutic Vaccines.” Presented at IBC’s Formulation Strategies for
Biopharmaceuticals, San Diego, CA, March 2001.
15. Tyo, M.A. "Capacity Planning for Late Stage Development and Commercial
Launch." Presented at the 2007 Meeting of the BioProcess International
Conference and Exhibition. Boston, MA, October 2007.
16. Tyo, M.A. “Building a Strategic manufacturing Alliance: A Risky Business.”
Presented at the 2009 BIO International Convention. Atlanta, GA, May 2009.